Empowering civic activism toward a culture of peace.
Time: March 6, 2010 from 9am to 1:30pm
Location: Center for Spiritual Living, Westlake Village
Street: 880 Hampshire Rd., Suite W
City/Town: Westlake Village, CA 91361
Website or Map: http://cslwestlake.org
Event Type: training, day
Organized By: Terry Mason
Latest Activity: Feb 15, 2010
Don't miss this exciting free event!
Reclaim your power and make a difference.
Join us and learn how!
Featuring local area and state leaders in the Peace Alliance
A great need exists in our country and the world for a comprehensive and coordinated approach to preventing and resolving violent conflict. The Peace Alliance is an alliance of organizers and advocates throughout the United States taking the work of peacebuilding from the margins of society into the centers of national discourse and policy priorities -- working to make it the bedrock of our personal, national and global interest and investment.
- Learn about our three-pronged approach to proactively building peace to save money and lives
- Learn how to clearly communicate our commitment to peace and violence reduction / prevention to our Congressional Representatives
- Find out what the process is for getting the Youth PROMISE Act and Department of Peace legislation passed
- Connect with others in your Congressional District to build strength as a group
- Define your personal role in contributing your energy to becoming a peace activist
We can make a difference!
"The current crisis in our democracy has less to do with Congressional failure to express the will of the people and more to do with the failure of people to express their will in a meaningful way." -- Marianne Williamson
Sponsored by the Center for Spiritual Living, Westlake Village, and the local area volunteers for The Peace Alliance